Thursday, 24 December 2015

Sisters Wall Art

Hello Friends and Merry Christmas!

It is Christmas Eve morning and I have been up since about 4:30. We are opening our gifts this morning and I am like a little kid, just waiting for everyone else to wake up. Tomorrow we will go to spend Christmas Day with extended family so that is why we are having our Christmas today.

This weekend some product was returned to me from where I had been selling on consignment. So now I am able to give gifts to all of my relatives which we will be visiting tomorrow. The only ones I didn't have a little something for were my two great nieces. I made them some canvas wall art, inspired by canvases I made last year for another pair of sisters.
The two canvases are meant to be hung together. First I painted the canvases pink and spritzed on some alcohol inks. Then I cut out a heart from recycled box board and added each of their names with Spackle. I painted the flowers with acrylics and added a verse to each canvas: "Sisters are two parts of one heart."
 Thanks for stopping by my blog. I wish you all the blessings you are hoping for this Christmas and many more besides.

Christmas blessings,
Teresa

Challenges:
Paint Party Friday - paint
We Love to Create - anything creative/mixed media
My Time to Craft - last minute Christmas makes
613 Avenue Create - anything goes
Not Just Cards - always anything goes
Inspiration Destination - always anything goes

4 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the canvases you made, they are gorgeous. Have a wonderful Christmas, Sweetie, hugs, Valerie

Christina Hor said...

These are beautiful Teresa! Can't believe you already done with gifts opening. We do gifts opening Christmas morning. Wishing you a Merry Jolly Christmas Teresa.

Hugs, Christina

Chana Harris said...

Hi, Teresa,

These are just precious! I love the palette, so soft and yet that heart is very visually powerful! This is a beautiful piece of artwork! Thanks so much for leaving these propped against our door here at 613 Avenue Create. We were delighted to find them there!
Hugz,
Chana

Patricia Alvarez said...

Great project. Such a nice idea. Love the colors you have use. Thanks for joining us at Inspiration Destination. Hope to see you again on the next challenge! Good luck!!! Patricia.